Chief Medical Officer
Tip a friend
Black Swans Exist | Recruiting talents for life science companies
To make a significant impact for patients needing an organ or stem cell transplant. You want to be part of an organization that gives patients a second chance at life through transplant treatments that protect patients against cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection. You want to use your extensive experience to ensure the highest standards of medical integrity, patient safety and ethical conduct throughout the development process.
Assess, develop, and execute the clinical development strategy, ensuring alignment with our corporate objectives. You’ll drive protocols, study designs, and regulatory strategies. Your medical leadership will guide all stages of development, prioritizing integrity, safety, and ethics. You’ll optimize processes and foster program success. Collaborating with stakeholders, you’ll ensure regulatory compliance, handle filings, and engage with authorities in the EU and US. Your regulatory expertise will inform strategic decisions. As a leader, you’ll build and lead a high-performing medical team, including a trial manager and consultants. Your strong leadership will inspire excellence. You’ll oversee clinical operations, planning and executing trials, managing CROs, sites, and investigators. Your attention to detail and adherence to standards will drive success. Your expertise in data analysis and reporting will enable you to interpret trial results and present them to stakeholders. You’ll engage with conferences, regulators, and potential partners.
A high-growth scale-up company developing the first-in-class drug candidate with curative potential against CMV. Furthermore, you will join an organization with the common motivation to develop better drugs while building a sustainable business through global collaborations. You will be part of a dedicated team of experts dedicated to transparency, authenticity and teamwork.
- A medical degree (M.D.) and preferably a board certification in a medical specialty such as infectious diseases.
- At least 10 years of experience in clinical development within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, with a proven track record of leading successful clinical trials.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical trial design, execution, and data analysis, including experience with all stages of clinical development.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines for the development of therapeutic products, including interactions with regulatory authorities.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively manage and inspire cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, with the ability to effectively convey complex medical and scientific concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strategic and creative thinking with an ability to make informed decisions based on clinical data, scientific insights, and business considerations.
- Proven ability to work in an entrepreneurial fast-paced, dynamic environment and effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and external experts. It is a strong advantage to be part of a patient of safety organ within transplantation or infectious diseases.
- A strong sense of responsibility, reliability and ownership.
- The confidence to voice your own opinions and confront challenges head-on.
- Integrity in all aspects of your professional life and value courage and teamwork.
If you want to hear more about this opportunity and the company, or if you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to apply for the position, please send an updated version of your CV, together with what questions you might have, and we will get in touch with you soon.